If you need to deploy temporary traffic barricades and road signs for construction projects, changing traffic patterns, or major events, then you need to make sure that these signs and barricades are going to remain in place. This is where sandbags come into play. Filled sandbags can help you meet your ballast needs; however, not all sandbags are created equal. There are a few factors that you need to consider when you are looking for the right sandbags for the job.
Finding the Right Sandbags for Traffic Control
Some construction projects can take months. Therefore, you need to find sandbags that are up to the task. Some of the factors that you need to consider include:
- Chemical Resistance: The bag’s material needs to be able to resist chemicals it might encounter from time to time, including those that might be used in roadwork. This will prevent the bag from degrading over time.
- Environmental Hazards: The sandbags need to be able to resist environmental hazards including wind, rain, UV radiation, and more. If the bag tears easily, this is going to inhibit its ability to keep traffic ballasts in place.
- Moisture Resistance: Finally, some bags will soak up moisture that they are exposed to. This can cause the material to cake into place, adding stress that might cause the bag to tear over time. The bags should wick away moisture, keeping the material loose on the inside.
These are a few of the most important factors that you need to think about when you are looking for sandbags for traffic control.
The Benefits of Polypropylene Bags
If you decide to go with our sandbags, there are several advantages that you will enjoy. These include:
- Durability: Our sandbags have been sewn at both ends. This means that they will last for years. While traditional sandbags will degrade over time, our sandbags are up to the challenge.
- Inert Material: Some bags are biodegradable which means that they are going to decompose over time. Our bags will stand up to the elements and your ballasts in place firmly.
- Easy to Deploy: Finally, our bags are also easy to deploy. Because they resist moisture, they are not going to be difficult to move from place to place. If you need to change how your ballasts are deployed, this isn’t a problem.
For these reasons, our sandbags are effective options for traffic control and ballasts.
Sandbags Are Ideal for Traffic Control and Ballasts
Sandbags are made out of durable, efficient, and versatile materials. When you are deploying sandbags, make sure that you wrap them around the legs of any signs and ballasts closest to the center of the structure. This will make the sandbags as effective as possible. They do not need to be stacked as long as they are placed well. Try to wrap any loose ends underneath the weight of the bag. They will stand up to the challenge of routine wear and tear, saving you time, money, and stress.
Select From a Range of Prefilled Sand Bags. Same Day pick up in Houston or Lubbock TX.